Mediquations, the first medical calculator for the iPhone, has been retired.
I've made the difficult decision to discontinue Mediquations to focus on future projects.
Thank you for your support over the last 12 years!
If you've purchased Mediquations in the past, you can still reinstall your purchase for the near future via the App Store through the 'purchased' section.
If you purchased the iOS app after December 15, 2020 and would like a refund, please contact Apple to see if you are eligible for a refund. Keep in mind only Apple can process refunds.
If you purchased the Android app after December 15, 2020 and would like a refund, please request a refund through Google.
The Ultimate Medical Calculator
235 Equations on your iPhone and iPad.
The Original, Most Comprehensive Medical Calculator for iOS.
Mediquations for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad brings over 230 medical calculations and scoring tools to your fingertips with the elegance you expect out of a native iPhone application. If you're a health professional, Mediquations is quite possibly the most important companion for your iPhone or iPad!
- Selected as a "Staff Favorite" by Apple
- Featured by Apple in the RSNA 2008 Conference
- Featured by Apple in the "What's Hot for iPad" section on the App Store
An Interface Prized by Apple
Mediquations provides powerful search, categories, and favorites to make the equations you use readily available. In addition, save results for viewing later. If you have an Apple Watch, you can quickly view saved results straight on your watch. As an example, in a stroke alert, you can have the NIH Stroke Scale result readily available from an Apple Watch glance.
Mediquations supports US and SI units. Switch between US and SI units on the fly, or tell Mediquations which units you prefer.
Since starting as the first medical calculator on the Apple App Store, Mediquations is being constantly updated with new features, equations, and enhancements. If you have any suggestions to make Mediquations better, please let us know.
Whether you're a doctor, nurse, respiratory therapist, or medical student, we hope you find Mediquations as incredibly useful as we do!
Packed with Useful Features
- 235 formulas and scores. The most comprehensive medical calculator on the App Store!
- Mediquations is a "universal" application with beautiful interfaces for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Buy once, use on all of your iOS devices.
- Support for US and SI units.
- Clean, simple design with a large, inline number pad for easy, fast, and accurate entry.
- Full freedom and control for units: switch easily between SI and US units for EACH variable.
- Multiple results (such as mortality percentages) are displayed for relevant scoring tools.
- For most equations, view quick reference info and citations.
- Search for the equation you want fast within the app and via spotlight.
- Keep a list of your favorite equations.
- Save results on your iPhone for viewing later.
- Share sheet to email, text, copy, or print results to an Airprint printer.
- Take notes within Mediquations.
- Supports Split View and Slide Over on the iPad.
Entering data is easy! A large number pad makes it easy and fast to enter values. Switch between US and SI units from the number pad.
Multiple scoring tools are included. Variables are selected via an inline chooser.
Equations allows you to view the actual equation at your fingertips. Most calculations also provide quick reference material via the 'more info' panel, with links to the relevant papers.
Categories, Favorites, Recent Equations, and Saved Results make it easy to navigate around Mediquations.
Find an equation via the included search pane or spotlight search.
Share results with your coworkers.
Enhanced landscape support with iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7 Plus, and 8 Plus
Mediquations supports Slide Over and Split View on Compatible iPads.
Mediquations strives to be a comprehensive medical calculator. The app is constantly being updated with new equations and formulas. Let us know if you have any recommendations for additional formulas.
- A-a O2 Gradient (including Alveolar Gas Equation)
- Abbreviated Mental Test Score (AMTS)
- ABCD Score for TIA
- ABCD2 Score for TIA
- Absolute Neutrophil Count
- Acetaminophen n-Acetylcysteine Overdose
- Acid-Base Compensation (ABG)
- Adjusted Body Weight (added to BMI calculator)
- Alcoholic Hepatitis Discriminant
- Alvarado Score
- Anion Gap
- Anion Gap: Corrected for Hypoalbuminemia
- Ankle-Brachial Pressure Index (ABPI)
- Apfel Score to Predict Postoperative Nausea/Vomiting
- Aortic Valve Area (Continuity)
- Aortic Valve Area (Gorlin)
- APACHE II score
- Appropriate Insertion Depth of a Central Line/Catheter (Peres)
- Arozullah Respiratory Failure Index
- Arterial Oxygen Content
- Arterial Oxygen Delivery
- AST:Platelets Ratio Index (APRI) Score
- Ballard-Dubowitz Scale for Maturity
- Basic Activities of Daily Living (ADL) (Barthel)
- Basal Energy Expenditure (Harris-Benedict)
- Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Disease Activity Index (BASDAI)
- Bayesian Sensitivity/Specificity (input either grid values or sensitivity, specificity, prevalence)
- Berg Balance Scale
- Bernstein-Parsonnet Revised 2000 Score for Cardiac Surgery Mortality Risk
- Bicarbonate Deficit
- Bishop score for labor induction
- Blatchford Score (for UGI bleeds)
- Brugada Criteria for SVT vs VT
- BODE Index
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Body Surface Area (BSA): Mosteller Formula
- Body Surface Area: Dubois Formula
- Body Surface Area (Unknown Height; Current Formula)
- Boston Criteria for Heart Failure
- Braden Pressure Sore Scale
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment: Gail Model
- CAGE Questionnaire for Alcohol Abuse
- Canadian CT Head Scan
- Canadian CT Spine
- Cardiac Output (Echo)
- Cardiac Output (Fick)
- Carboplatin Dose with Jelliffe GFR
- Carboplatin Dose with Wright GFR
- Carboplatin Dosing
- CATCH Rule: for use of CT in children with head injur
- CHADS2 Score
- CHA2DS2-Vasc Score
- Charlson Comorbidity Index
- Change in Serum Sodium
- Child-Pugh Criteria
- Cincinnati Stroke Scale
- CIWA Score for Alcohol Withdrawal
- CKD-EPI GFR Calculator
- Clinical Pulmonary Infection Score (CPIS)
- Cockcroft Gault GFR
- Corrected QT (QTc)
- Corrected Serum Calcium
- Corrected Serum Phenytoin
- Corrected Serum Sodium
- Creatinine Clearance (Cockcroft Gault) (CrCl)
- Creatinine Clearance (measured) (CrCl)
- Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI)
- Crohn's Disease Activity Index (CDAI), Pediatric
- CSF WBC Correction for Traumatic Lumbar Puncture
- CURB-65 Score for Community Acquired Pneumonia
- DAS: 3 & 4 Variables
- DAS-CRP: 3 & 4 Variables
- DAS28: 3 & 4 Variables
- DAS28-CRP: 3 & 4 Variables
- Delirium 4-AT Score: For Delirium and Cognitive Impairment
- Delta Gap
- Dermatome Map (Reference; No Calculation)
- Dose Calculator (Corrected for BSA, Calvert, or Weight)
- Duke Activity Status Index
- Duke Criteria for Infectious Endocarditis
- Duke Treadmill Score
- ECOG Performance Status
- Edinburgh Depression Scale
- Effective Regurgitant Orifice Area by PISA
- Electrolytes/Labs Units Conversion
- Endotracheal Tube Size for Pediatric Patients
- Epworth Sleepiness Scale
- ESR Corrected for Age and Gender
- EuroSCORE for Cardiac Surgery Risk
- Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS): Kurtzke Scale (Reference; No Calculation)
- Fractional Excretion of Calcium (FECa)
- Fractional Excretion of Sodium (FENa)
- Fractional Excretion of Urea (FEUrea)
- Framingham Cardiac Risk Score
- Free Sodium Deficit for Hyponatremia
- Free Water Deficit for Hypernatremia
- Full Outline of Unresponsiveness (FOUR) Score
- Gas Unit Conversion (mmHg to/from kPa)
- Geneva Score, Original
- Geneva Score, Revised
- Geriatric Depression Score (15-point)
- Glasgow Alcoholic Hepatitis Score (GAHS)
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Glasgow Pancreatitis Criteria
- Glucose Infusion Rate (GIR)
- Goldman Criteria for General Surgery
- GRACE Risk Score for In-Hospital Risk
- GRACE Discharge to 6 Months Risk Score
- Hamilton Depression Scale
- HAS-BLED Score
- HbA1C to Average Blood Sugar Conversion
- Heart Failure Survival Score (HFSS)
- Heart Rate from EKG
- HEART Score for chest pain stratification
- Height Unit Conversion
- Henderson-Hasselbach Equation
- Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
- Hunt-Hess Classification for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- ICH Score for Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Ideal Body Weight (IBW)
- Injury Severity Score
- Interval calculator (time between two dates or times)
- Iron Deficit
- Iron Dextran Dosing
- IV Drip Rate
- IV Infusion Rate
- Karnofsky Performance Scale (KPS)
- King's College Criteria (O'Grady) for Fulminant Hepatic Failure
- Kleihauer-Betke Fetal-Maternal Hemorrhage Estimation
- Kt/V and Urea Reduction Rate
- Light's Criteria
- LDL Cholesterol Estimation (Friedewald Equation)
- Liquid Dose Calculator (Corrected for BSA, Calvert, or Weight)
- Long's Modification for Harris-Benedict Basal Energy Expenditure
- Lovenox/Enoxaparin Dosing
- LRINEC for Necrotizing Fasciitis Score
- Maintenance Fluids (including 1.5x maintenance fluids and pediatric bolus)
- MASCC Score for Low-Risk Neutropenia
- Maximum Allowable Blood Loss
- MDRD GFR
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- MELD Score
- MELD Score with UNOS Modification
- Mitral valve area by pressure half time
- Modified Fisher Score for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Modified Rankin Scale (MRS)
- Myotomes (reference only)
- Neutral Thermal Environment
- New Injury Severity Score
- NEXUS II for Head Injury
- NIH Stroke Scale
- Normal Lab Values
- Number Needed to Treat (NNT)
- OESIL Score for Syncope
- Opiate Equivalence
- Osmolality with Osmolal Gap (Serum)
- Osmotic Gap (Stool)
- Ottawa Ankle, Foot, Knee Rules
- Oxygen Index
- P/F Ratio
- Parkland Formula
- Parsonnet Score
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9)
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9)
- Peak Flow (predicted)
- Pediatric Appendicitis Score NEW!
- Pediatric Dosing Calculator
- Pediatric Glasgow Coma Scale
- Pediatric Resuscitation / Emergency Dosing
- PELD Score
- PERC Rule (Pulmonary Embolism Rule-out Criteria)
- Pneumonia Severity Index (PORT Score)
- Portsmouth Possum (P-Possum) Score
- POSSUM Score
- Post-Test Probability (Fagan's Nomogram)
- Predicted PaO2 at Sea Level (Sorbini)
- Pregnancy Calculator (enter LMP or Due Date)
- Pulmonary Embolism Risk by Pisa study with Chest X-Ray
- Pulmonary Embolism Risk by Pisa study without Chest X-Ray
- Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index (PESI)
- Pulmonary Vascular Resistance
- Rate Pressure Product
- Ramsay Sedation Scale
- Ranson Criteria
- Rapid Shallow Breathing Index (RSBI)
- Reticulocyte Production Index
- Regurgitant volume by PISA
- Revised Trauma Score (regular and coded)
- Richmond Agitaton Sedation Score
- RIFLE Criteria for Renal Failure
- Rockall Score for Upper GI Bleeding
- Sad Persons Depression Scale
- Salazar-Corcoran CrCl for obese patients
- San Francisco Syncope Rule
- SAPS II Score
- Schwartz Pedi GFR
- Serum Ascites Albumin Gradient (SAAG)
- Silverman-Anderson Index
- Simplified Bernoulli
- Sinusitis: Major and Minor Criteria
- SIRS Criteria
- Six Minute Walk Test
- SLE Disease Activity Index (SLEDAI)
- SOFA score
- Spirometric Values (ERS and Crapo)
- Steroid Equivalence
- Strep Pharyngitis Score (Modified Centor)
- Strong Ion Difference (SID)
- Strong Ion Gap (SIG)
- Systemic Vascular Resistance
- Target Midparental Height Calculation
- Target Tidal Volume based on 6-8 mL/kg of Ideal Body Weight
- Temperature Conversion
- TIMI NSTEMI
- TIMI STEMI
- Tubular Resorption of Phosphate (TRP)
- Transtubular K Gradient
- Tylenol Toxicity Nomogram with White Prediction
- UKELD Score
- Umbilical Catheter Insertion Depth for Low Insertions
- Urinary Anion Gap
- Urinary Calcium Excretion (Ca / Cr)
- Urine Output
- Urine Protein to Creatinine Ratio
- Valve area by PISA
- Valve area by PISA with funnel angle correction
- Weight Unit Conversion
- Well's Criteria for DVT
- Well's Criteria for PE
- Westley Croup Score
- WFNS Grade for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Winters' Formula
- Wright GFR
New in Version 38:
- Version 38 now has support for iPhone X.
- Fixed table views not showing entire equations on other devices.
- Given changes to the Watch OS API, I have decided to discontinue Apple Watch support for Mediquations. I may bring it back in the future if I can think of a particularly useful feature to incorporate the Apple Watch.
- Mediquations now requires iOS 11 and higher.
- Delirium 4AT Score (for Delirium and Cognitive Impairment)
View full update history.
If you have questions or feedback, please email [email protected].